Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
For 1-2 People
- 1 fresh Pineapple.
- 2 cups steam rice.
- 2 tablespoon oil for stir-frying.
- 2 Shallot thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 red or green chili.
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted cashew.
- 1 teaspoon raisins.
- 2 tablespoon of chicken stock.
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder.
- ½ teaspoon white sugar.
- 2 spring onions finely sliced.
- ¼ cup fresh coriander.
- 100 gr. prawn.
How to do
- Stir Fry the Shallots, Garlic, and Chilli, Swirl 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, and chili, stir-frying for one minute, or until fragrant. If using shrimp, add them now as well.
Tip: If wok/pan becomes too dry, add a little stock or a touch of water instead of more oil.
- Push aside the shallots, garlic, and chili to the wok/pan, and stir fry quickly to cook. Mix together with chicken or vegetable stock, fish sauce (or soy sauce), curry powder, and sugar. Stir well and then add to wok/pan.
- Add the cashews and stir-fry for 30 seconds. After that, Add the Rice.
- Now add the prepared rice to the wok/pan and Stir-fry until all the rice has mixed with the sauce and is a uniform color. And then break up any lumps with your utensil or a fork.
Tip: Don’t give in to the temptation to add any more liquid to the rice at this point because it will end up mushy. However, You can push ingredients aside and add a little more oil to the bottom of the pan if rice is sticking. Continually lift/scoop up rice from the bottom of the pan, tossing rather than stirring it.
- Add the Pineapple Stir-fry to mix in and then continue Stir-Frying and Do a Taste Test, and then continue stir frying until everything is integrated (1 to 2 more minutes).
- To serve your Pineapple Fried Rice, sprinkle with spring onion and coriander. Finally serve it on a platter, or, as they do in Thailand, in a pineapple, as shown.
If you are visiting Phuket, Thailand, We have Phuket Cooking Class / Courses located in Kata beach area which you can enroll to learn how to make Thai dishes in a local way. In a short time, you will be ready to impress your families and friends with your new Thai cooking skill. Please check our Thai Food Cooking Courses.